Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wound, Rewound, then Unwound

Pieces of My Mind
collect them all for special prize
"spring has sprung and it's time to recoil it"



Spring Break has been extremely. (Yes just extremely) So much said, accomplished, wasted, wished, and expected. I've had time to get my website up and oil it a bit and I've had a couple servings of good old spring cleaning around the house. This blog thus far has been a bit of a late night journal. You know the 30 or so minutes that you get into bed and your thoughts tide over your mind. (I swear the moon has the same affect on my thought life as it does on the ocean) The good memories of the day always come first thankfully, like the dessert you scarf down before you have to eat the healthy garbage simmering putridly in momma's pots and pans (No offense mother dearest, not even referring to you) I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is always the pressure of work that still needs to be done. Sure I bought a camera, started a portfolio, launched a website, bought a domain name, created a fan page, and a blog but now I feel something like Bilbo's infamous exodus speech: "like butter that has been spread over too much bread." It's as if I threw my life into the paint bucket of an abstract splatter art studio. My next project will be organizing my virtual life and business. I need a solution that fits my perfectionist specifications and aspirations.




On another note, I'll be graduating in early June! (I haven't realized it yet, so don't tell me) Those of you who know me well know that I don't usually get excited about anything until it is almost tangible. Maybe thats why I enjoy food so much. (hmmm? mmmmm...Fuzzy's 3 cheese nachos...Yes please!) Anyways, college is a filthy devil that is out to take your money so I'm sitting on my options and praying for the best. I've been accepted to Oral Roberts University and very much like the School: Campus, People, and Atmosphere (love the media dept!) and I'm in a struggle for their prestigious Whole Person Scholarship, which would financially enable me to attend. If I turn out to be only a partial person however, I am perfectly content with staying in the greatest state in America and continuing my education at more affordable venue amongst the people I love.




The future is blindingly bright. (Meaning that I don't see exactly where I'm going, but It's gonna be insanely good) I've lined up a couple senior picture sessions and a few weddings in May. It's uncanny how (hold on, gonna make up a word) "outrovertedly" excited I can get about getting to pick up my camera and having a direction towards which to press that little silver button. All of your support is greatly appreciated! coming up on 200 facebook fans with more on the way! Spread the word! Please email me with any questions, comments, or jobs you may have for me at joshhaygood@me.com



-Josh Haygood, 2010













No comments:

Post a Comment